Update 1st June 2015: additional film added re Noella on ethical fashion guide: https://youtu.be/xRYX6Dz96jk
Noella Usborne writes of this film re airbrushing: I have a LOT of things to add:
1) I realise how incredibly hypocritical this whole things seems :’) I wasn’t having a jab at people who use jump cuts or something (I use them all the time) and I wasn’t trying to say you shouldn’t edit a YouTube video
2) This wasn’t meant to be a rant video or a direct complaint to “big YouTubers” but more like an honest ramble of my thoughts I just wanted to express in extension the Chris Kendall’s video
3) I’m also sure I didn’t make it clear that I don’t believe all YouTuber’s personalities are fake, or that I don’t believe this concept has as big of an effect of young people like Photoshopped models do.
4) Please take what I say with a pinch of salt. This is my opinion, after all, and I don’t beleive this topic is actually a SERIOUS NEWS-BREAKING issue.
5) Something I’d like to add on as proof (possibly) that this HAS an impact. I don’t know about you, but the girls around me, especially younger than me, are copying SO much the typical YouTube role models like Zoella do. Some are ever starting up their own channels to be like these people. And yet, they only do the things that THEY do because THEY do it, not because it’s who they are. This can be great in most scenarios, like donating to charity, but it can be bad.. oh, I don’t know, I’m rambling again. :’)
Comments section open for polite debate and conversation! Tell me what you think 🙂
Cheers, Noella x