The Convent Club – from the air!

Posted on 20. Jul, 2014 by in Business, Featured

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars
Loading...

The convent was founded in 1860 and had 30 Poor Clare sisters in 1950 but, by 1980, that figure had halved. In 2000, there were 14 nuns and this slowly dwindled. The last 5 nuns left the convent over 2 years ago. The 26 acre site has seen massive redevelopment with a Spa and 18th Century Chapel as a small acoustic venue due in 2015.

This film was made by Stroud Serial Filming.

See more about The Convent Club in South Woodchester at: http://www.theconvent.net/

About Philip

Director and Co-Founder of Stroud Community TV

Leave a Reply